Announcement of the J-PARC⋅MLF General Use Program for 2014B
Call for Proposals
CROSS-Tokai is pleased to announce the Call for General Use Proposals to access the Public Beamlines at the Materials and Life Science Experimental Facility of J-PARC in the 2014B user beamtime period.
2014B User Beamtime Period:December 2014 – March 2015
11 – 22 Dec 2014
14 Jan – 28 Mar 2015
Researchers wishing to conduct experiments at any of the MLF Public Beamlines during 2014B should submit proposals via the J-PARC Proposal Submission System by the deadline below:
2014B Proposal Submission Deadline:17:00 (JST) Monday 9 June 2014
Public Beamline neutron instruments available in 2014B at a glance…
- BL11 PLANET – Structural analysis of materials under high pressure
- BL18 SENJU – Extreme environment single crystal diffraction
Nano-structure analysis (Reflectometry and SANS)
- BL15 TAIKAN – Small and wide angle neutron scattering
- BL17 SHARAKU – Polarized neutron reflectometer (vertical geometry)
For technical information and beamline contacts please see here.
- Be sure to read these important safety considerations before submitting your proposal.
- Students cannot be the Principal Investigator on a proposal. See here for more information on applicant eligibility.
- Expected beam power in 2014B is 300 kW.
- Demand on the Proposal Submission System is typically very high on the day that applications close. You are strongly recommended to submit your proposal well in advance of the deadline.
- Again in the 2014B proposal round, applicants will be asked to indicate if their research has affinity with the Japanese national priority research areas as identified in the Elements Strategy Initiative .Similarly, applicants will be asked if their proposed research includes, or is likely to include in the future, the complementary use of other major research facilities such as, but not limited to, synchrotron radiation sources (SPring-8, PF etc.), the "K" next generation supercomputer, or other quantum beam facilities.If either of the above applies to your proposal, please indicate by marking the relevant tick box and adding a brief description as requested.
Other useful information
- Eligibility criteria
- Trial Use Access Program
- The proposal submission and assessment system
- Proprietary Access
J-PARC Center Users Office
IBARAKI Quantum Beam Research Center, 162-1 Shirakata, Tokai-mura, Naka-gun, Ibaraki 319-1106, Japan
T : +81-29-284-3398
F : +81-29-284-3286
E : j_proposal*ml.j-parc.jp