General Use Program
J-PARC MLF 2019B Call for General Use Proposals (Short Term) – First Announcement
J-PARC Center and CROSS are pleased to announce that we will be accepting General Use applications in the 2019B proposal round. The application period is:
From Friday, 17 May to Friday, 7 June 2019, 17:00 (Japan Time).
· Expected beam power in 2019B is 500 kW.
· Graduate students (doctor’s course, master’s course) can be the principal investigators. Please check the detailed information released in May.
· Please use the latest template (ver. 2019B), when you write “Research Plan” of the application form. The template will be available on this page from about 10 May 2019.
· Full details of the 2019B Call for Proposals will be available here from about 10 May 2019. Please come back to check then!
· The call for the next proposal round (2020A) will be open in October 2019.
J-PARC Center Users’ Office
For Experiments Non-Proprietary Use : j_proposal[at]ml.j-parc.jp
For Experiments Proprietary Use : j_proposal_p[at]ml.j-parc.jp
For General Questions : jimurisoku[at]ml.j-parc.jp
Please replace the [at] with “@”.
Former General Use Program
New User Promotion
CROSS is now accepting proposals and expressions of interest for access to the neutron Public Beamlines at J-PARC MLF under the 2019B New User Promotion.
New User Promotion is aimed at assisting novice users of neutron-based techniques gain experience and expertise that will allow them to become independent General Use applicants in the future.
The Directors of CROSS and MLF may at any time grant beamtime from their discretionary allocation in order to facilitate research that they believe is worthy of expedited access to MLF. To qualify for Urgent Access beamtime, the proposed experiment must be of major scientific, economic or social significance.
Applications to the Urgent Access mechanism can be made at ANY TIME.
If you wish to apply for Urgent Access beamtime, please contact the director of MLF Division of the J-PARC Center.
Director of Materials and Life Science Division J-PARC Center Tokai-mura,
Naka-gun, Ibaraki-ken, 319-1195, Japan