Announcement of the J-PARC MLF 2016B General Use Proposal Round
Call for Proposals
J-PARC Center and CROSS-Tokai are pleased to announce that the 2016B General Use proposal round will be open from Tuesday 17 May 2016.
Researchers wishing to conduct experiments at any of the MLF neutron or muon beamlines during 2016B (February – Mach 2017) are invited to submit proposals via the J-PARC Proposal Submission System by the deadline below:
2016B General Use Proposal Submission Deadline: 17:00 (JST) Tuesday 7 June 2016
Please click MLF User Information for further information on Proposal Submission Procedure and User Program Overview in [email protected].
- The assessment of proposals will take into account whether Experiment Reports for previous beamtime allocations have been submitted as required.
- Intent to Publish: As a condition of performing nonproprietary research, J-PARC MLF requires users to publish results from their research. Authorship of publications based on research from the facility should reflect the normal considerations of recognizing collaborations. It is also important to take into account the considerable efforts of the instrument scientists in their role of designing, constructing, and/or operating the instrument and related facilities. Proprietary users are not required to publish.
- Students cannot be the Principal Investigator on a proposal. See here for more information on applicant eligibility.
- Expected beam power in 2016B is 150 kW.
- Demand on the Proposal Submission System is typically very high on the day that applications close. You are strongly recommended to submit your proposal well in advance of the deadline.
- Again in the 2016B proposal round, applicants will be asked to indicate if their research has affinity with the Japanese national priority research areas as identified in the Elements Strategy Initiative. Similarly, applicants will be asked if their proposed research includes, or is likely to include in the future, the complementary use of other major research facilities such as, but not limited to, synchrotron radiation sources (SPring-8, PF etc.), the K computer, or other quantum beam facilities. If either of the above applies to your proposal, please indicate by marking the relevant tick box and adding a brief description as requested.
Instruments available in 2016B at a glance…
- BL11 PLANET – Structural analysis of materials under high pressure
- BL18 SENJU – Extreme environment single crystal diffraction
Nano-structure analysis (Reflectometry and SANS)
- BL15 TAIKAN – Small and wide angle neutron scattering
- BL17 SHARAKU – Polarized neutron reflectometer (vertical geometry)
- BL22 RADEN – Energy resolved neutron imaging system
see here for more details and beamline contacts.
Other important information
- Eligibility criteria[Who can apply for beamtime at the MLF?]
- New User Promotion
- The proposal submission and assessment system
- Proprietary Access
J-PARC Center Users’ Office
For Non-Proprietary Use: j_proposal*ml.j-parc.jp
For Proprietary Use: j_proposal_p*ml.j-parc.jp
For General Questions: jimurisoku*ml.j-parc.jp