Trial Use Access System Now Open for 2013B
* The new submission deadline of the MLF 2013B Call for Proposals is on Monday 8 July 2013.
CROSS-Tokai is now accepting proposals and expressions of interest under the Trial Use Access System for the 2013B operations period.
About the CROSS-Tokai Trial Use Access System
A key component of the CROSS-Tokai mission is to promote the use of, and facilitate access to, the neutron Public Beamlines at J-PARC MLF. With this motivation, CROSS-Tokai now offers the Trial Use Access System that aims to encourage and support first-time and novice users of neutron-based experimental techniques.
The specific objectives of the Trial Use System are:
- To grow the user community
- To promote the use and utility of pulsed neutrons
The Trial Use Access System is open to:
- First time and novice users of neutron-based experimental techniques
- First time users of pulsed neutron beams
What the Trial Use Access System Provides
The Trial Use Access System, via the CROSS-Tokai Science Coordinators and other appropriate staff, offers support through the whole process of facility utilization including:
- Instrument selection and capability information
- Proposal preparation
- Experiment design, planning and execution
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Publication of results
Beamlines Accessible via the Trial Use System
The Trial Use Access System applies only to the six Public Beamlines of J-PARC MLF supported by CROSS-Tokai, namely:
- BL01 4SEASONS : 4D-Space Access Neutron Spectrometer
- BL02 DNA : Biomolecular Dynamics Spectrometer
- BL11 PLANET : High-Pressure Neutron Diffractometer
- BL15 TAIKAN : Small and Wide Angle Neutron Scattering Instrument
- BL17 SHARAKU : Polarized Neutron Reflectometer
- BL18 SENJU : Extreme Environment Single Crystal Neutron Diffractometer
The 2013B Operations Period
The 2013B operations period that is accessible in the current application round is expected to run from February to March in 2014.
The latest date for application submissions in the Trial Use Program for 2013B is…
Wednesday 15 May 2013.
Persons wishing to submit an application under the Trial Use Access System are encouraged to contact CROSS-Tokai at the earliest possible date in order to allow the maximum time for consultation and proposal preparation.
How to Apply to the Trial Use Access System
The first step in making an application to the Trial Use Access System is to contact CROSS-Tokai.
The easiest way to make contact and submit and enquiry is via CROSShelp.
We welcome all enquiries and look forward to hearing from you!