Basic Policy on management of the information concerning the Usage Promotion Services for the Specific Neutron Beam Facilities
March 22, 2011
Revised: August 25, 2016
Revised: October 27, 2016
Revised: April 1, 2017
Registered Institution for Facilities Use Promotion
Comprehensive Research Organization for Science and Society
Comprehensive Research Organization for Science and Society (CROSS) specifies the following basic policies in managing information obtained through the execution of the Usage Promotion Services as well as the policies in publishing the achievements of the Services, based upon Article 11, (Information management and Confidentiality) 2nd paragraph of the “Rules of the Services” which CROSS specified as Registered Institution for Facilities Use Promotion of the Specific Neutron Beam Facilities as follows.
1. Basic policies on information management
The specific information CROSS and J-PARC (hereinafter referred to as Organization) obtained through the usage promotion services, such as technical consultation, public beamline research proposals (hereinafter referred to as Proposals), experiment support, data analysis support, contract beamline installation plans (hereinafter referred to as Plans), and reviews shall not be disclosed without the consent of the user. However, information on statistically processed, unidentifiable data and the information shown below shall be excluded.
- 1.1 information which has already been made public.
- 1.2 information which the organization had already possessed when the client disclosed it.
- 1.3 information which is properly obtained from the third party without incurring the confidentiality obligations.
- 1.4 information described in paragraph 3.
2. Information Management
Organization shall manage information as follows.
- 2.1 Organization shall prevent the leakage of electronic data by implementing thorough password management and that of paper-based data by providing safe and secure storage under lock and key.
- 2.2 A non-disclosure contract will be signed with the users upon request.
- 2.3 Organization shall require the referees and the members of the proposal evaluation committee, contract BL evaluation committee and other related committees to agree to the confidentiality requirement. Any secret possibly acquired through the execution of the Usage Promotion Services shall not be disclosed.
3.1 Publication of review results.
The information concerning the approved Proposals, Plans and completed researches shall be publicly disclosed on the Web page as follows.
- i)After approval
- a) Proposals: the proposal number, the name of the principal investigator, his or her affiliation, the nationality of the affiliation, beamline number, allocated beamtime.
- b) Plans: the name of the responsible person, his or her affiliation, the nationality of the affiliation
- ii) After completion
After the completion of the experiment or after the completion of the last experiment of the series of experiments:
the proposal number, the proposal title(Proprietary proposals: the title for announcement), the name of the principal investigator, his or her affiliation, the nationality of the affiliation, the beamline number, total beamtime used
3.2 Public disclosure of the Experimental Report and results.
The following information concerning the Experimental Report and results shall be publicly disclosed on the Web page.
- i) Experimental Report
Promptly after the completion of each experiment, the principal investigator shall fill in and submit the Beamtime Completion Form.
Within 60 days after the completion of the research, the principal investigators except those of proprietary proposals are required to submit Experimental Reports. Organization will promptly publish the Experimental Reports.
- ii) Achievements
Principal investigators shall register their achievements in one of the following categories after the completion of the experiments and notify CROSS of the publication promptly.
- Papers after reviews,
- Proceeding papers with reviews,
- PHD dissertation,
- J-PARC MLF Report.
The proposal identification number and the use of J-PARC MLF must be credited on those publications. Principal investigators should also promptly notify Organization of those publications.
Principal investigators of the non-proprietary proposals shall disseminate their research results within three years after the completion of the experiment.
Proprietary proposals aren’t required to be put into publication, but when the results are made public, Organization shall be notified promptly.
Organization shall make the information on the research results publicly available promptly upon receiving the notification.